History

​​​​Park Hall
is a beautiful historic site that was built in the late 1880's.  Originally, the venue consisted of only the Brick Room at 711 Osage Ave.  It was a 2 story brick building with a basement.  

The building survived the flood of 1901 and again the flood of 1951.  In 1951 the water levels almost covered the building completely submerging it. Between this time, stories have been told of the basement being used as a fall out shelter during WWII.

After the 1951 Flood

After the 1951 flood, A.J. Eickhoff purchased the property and restored it.  At this time he changed it from a 2 story building to a 3 story building.  At some point 713 and 715 Osage (the Colonial Room) was added on.  Many businesses took residence at Park Hall since 1951 including a vending company, pool halls, bars, restaurants, and an ice cream parlor.  The Optimist Club would hold many meetings, dinners and dances in the building as well.  In the 1980's, the German American Edelweiss Society originated in Park Hall.  At this time it was the Blue Jay Cafe.  They would hold monthly meetings as well as dances at the Blue Jay.  ​


A.J. Eickhoff

Teri's Restaurant - mid 1990's

In 2009 the dream of Park Hall began.  The next 7-8  years, Park Hall was an ongoing project of restoring the over a century old building to its original beauty.  The original brick walls were uncovered and restored.  Paired with the beautiful dark hardwood floors, and open ceiling rafters,  Park Hall's Brick Room is one of a kind. The Colonial Room, once the home to the Blue Jay Cafe and Jayhawk Cafe, was also renovated and features a gorgeous stair case dropping out of our bridal suite as well as pillars, decorative walls and decorative tiles.  

Park Hall was officially licensed by the current property owner, Robert Eickhoff Sr, in November of 2016.  Park Hall was incorporated in 2017 by it's President, Teri Eickhoff, and Secretary, Jennifer Eickhoff.  Park Hall officially opened March of 2017. 

Park Hall Inc, is a family owned and operated business.  The property itself has been in the Eickhoff family since 1951.  The Eickhoff family has been very active in the Armourdale community for over half a century with multiple businesses, as well as membership in the Armourdale Optimist Club and the Armourdale Renewal Association.  Park Hall Inc. is dedicated to the community and looks towards the future growth and improvements of our area.